Act of Contrition, Hope and Confidence Before Holy Communion
the longed-for moment draws near;
the happy moment, in which I, Thy unworthy creature,
shall receive the most Holy Sacrament of Thy Body and Blood,
as the most effectual remedy for all my miseries.
For the love the Thee
I grieve most bitterly for every one of my sins
and for all my negligences,
whereby I have offended Thy tender goodness,
and defiled my soul,
which Thou didst ransom with Thine own most precious Blood.
How shall I presume to receive Thee into a heart
all surrounded with briers and thorns of earthly attachments,
reeking with unwholesome vapours of worldliness and vain desires!
But, my merciful Jesus,
though I am sick of soul,
I remember the words which fell from Thine own gracious lips,
that they who are whole need not the physician,
but they who are sick,
and this gives me confidence.
Surely, my Lord,
if anyone has cause to trust Thee it is I!
Others may have their innocence or their virtues to fall back on,
but I have Thy mercy,
Thy great mercy, only.
I have made myself undeserving of it,
but when hast Thou ever treated me as I deserved?
Where should I be now if justice and not mercy had had its way?
Good Jesus, Who didst invite the blind and the lame,
the poor and the needy,
to Thy supper, behold, as one of them, yea,
even as the poorest and most wretched of them all,
I will draw near to the most sacred Feast of Thy Body and Blood,
the banquet of the angels,
not in presumption,
but with a contrite and humble heart,
with lowly confidence,
with hope in Thy goodness and mercy,
with love in return for all Thy love,
with fervent desire to please Thee,
to live henceforth according to Thy Spirit,
and in the imitation of the virtues of Thy sacred Heart
that I may praise and glorify Thee eternally.
More Acts of Prayers
Showing 1 - 305 of 305
A Guide for Confession
Browser Prayers by Section
Prayer of the Day
How to pray the Rosary
El Rosario Santo
Sign of the Cross
The Way - The First Christians
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Stations of the Cross
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Sunday, October 22, 2017
- Will Europe return to its Christian roots?
- Pope continues work toward reconciliation with Methodists
- Evil George Soros transfers $18 billion to support abortion, destroy ...
- Day 2 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- Day 1 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- St. Pope John Paul II: Saint of the Day for Sunday, October 22, 2017
- Evil money - George Soros pays to start a revolution in America HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, October 23rd, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way