An Act of Abandonment (by Saint Francis De Sales)
you for accomplishing your holy
and all-lovable will without any regard for mine.
With my whole heart,
in spite of my heart,
do I receive this cross I feared so much!
It is the cross of Your choice,
the cross of Your love.
I venerate it;
nor for anything in the world
would I wish that it had not come,
since You willed it.
I keep it with gratitude and with joy,
as I do everything that comes from Your hand;
and I shall strive to carry it without letting it drag,
with all the respect
and all the affection which Your works deserve.
More Acts of Prayers
Showing 1 - 305 of 305
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Father of us all, This meal is a sign of Your love for us: Bless us and bless our food, And help us to give you glory each day Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen! continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Mardi Gras' History in New Orleans HD Video
- Saint Pio Relay for Pro-Life and Peace
- St. David: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, March 01, 2017
- Ash Wednesday HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, March 01, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Ash Wednesday - Day 1
- Obama ready for more! Former president plans return to politics
- Living Lent HD
- An Ancient Lent Challenge: How to take Lent to the next level HD
- Mardi Gras' History in New Orleans HD
- Ash Wednesday HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.