Act of Love and Desire before Holy Communion #1
as if I had knelt at Thy feet
and felt the touch of Thy hand on my brow,
and heard Thy gentle voice
that uttered absolutions
and gave encouragement to the sick
and the unfortunate.
Oh, that I could love Thee,
as the poor of Galilee loved Thee,
as Mary Magdalen loved Thee,
as Saint Peter and Saint John,
the beloved disciple,
loved Thee, as she, who knew Thee best,
Thy blessed Mother,
loved Thee, and, most of all, O Lord,
as Thou hast loved me.
Let me at least love Thee
with all my heart and soul and mind and strength.
And let my love be worthy of the name,
showing itself by confidence,
by generosity, by sacrifice,
that all Thy dispensations are best for me,
counting no cost when I work for Thee,
Giving up gladly what is dear to me
when Thou dost ask it,
when it will to serve Thee better
and to further the interests of Thy Sacred Heart.
Dispose of me, O Lord, as Thou pleasest;
for from henceforth I am entirely Thine.
I offer Thee all that I am and all that I have.
I shall labour and suffer for Thy glory,
for the salvation of others,
and for my own sanctification.
Come, my Jesus,
crucified for love of me.
Come, dear Jesus,
in the sacrament of Thy love,
and be Thou all mine,
as I desire to be all Thine.
O blessed Virgin, my tender Mother,
who didst obtain from thy divine Son a wonderful miracle
at the wedding-feast at Cana,
behold my misery and the need I have of thy assistance;
obtain for me of Jesus a prodigy of His almighty power,
that my coldness and tepidity may be changed into ardent
More Love Prayers
Showing 1 - 14 of 14
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You my prayers, works, joys and sufferings, all that this day may bring, be they good or bad: for the love of God, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for all the sins committed against the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Who do YOU answer to? Californians prepare safe houses for illegal ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 HD Video
- Here are the answers to the Ash Wednesday quiz. How did you do?
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- St. Hilary, Pope: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Priest shares Living Rosary on Mardi Gras to bring people back to God
- Oarfish strandings in Philippines could mean massive quake coming HD ...
- Pope Francis makes history by celebrating Christ alongside an Anglican Bishop HD
- St. Dominic Savio HD
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear of assassination HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.