Praying the Holy Rosary
STEP 1: Make the sign of the Cross:
In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
STEP 2: Say the Apostle's Creed:
I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day He rose again. He ascended into heaven, And is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.
STEP 3: Say 1 "Our Father":
Our Father, Who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, On earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread, And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
STEP 4: Say 3 "Hail Mary's": (For the virtues of Faith, Hope and Charity)
Hail Mary, Full of Grace, The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of death.
STEP 5: Say 1 "Glory Be":
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
STEP 6: The Rosary Breakdown:
The Holy Rosary consists of 20 decades.
A decade consists of: 1 Our Father 10 Hail Mary's 1 Glory Be.
To pray an entire Rosary, you must pray 20 times the "Our Father," 10 "Hail Mary's" and the "Glory Be" in that order.
The Rosary is been divided into 4 parts of 5 decades each. Each of the four parts are called a Chaplet.
To pray an entire Chaplet, you must pray 5 times the "Our Father," 10 "Hail Mary's" and "Glory Be" in that order.
The general practice of Catholic is to commit themselves to praying one Chaplet per day.
STEP 7: The Mysteries of the Rosary:
While praying a decade, you reflect on a mystery. There are specific mysteries for each day of the week.
For example, when praying the Holy Rosary on a Monday, you meditate on the Joyful Mysteries.
During the recitation of first decade, you meditate on the Annunciation of Mary. During the recitation of the second decade, you meditate on the Visitation. During the recitation of the third decade, you meditate on the Nativity of Jesus. Etc...
The following is a list of the Mysteries:
Joyful Mysteries - Monday and Saturday
1. The Annunciation 2. The Visitation 3. The Nativity 4. The Presentation 5. The Finding in the Temple
Sorrowful Mysteries - Tuesday and Friday
1. The Agony in the Garden 2. The Scourging at the Pillar 3. The Crowning with Thorns 4. The Carrying of the Cross 5. The Crucifixion
Glorious Mysteries - Wednesday and Sunday
1. The Resurrection 2. The Ascension 3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit 4. The Assumption 5. The Crowning of Mary
Mysteries of Light - Thursday
1. Baptism in the Jordan 2. Self-manifestation at the wedding of Cana 3. Proclamation of the Kingdom of God, with His call to conversion 4. The Transfiguration 5. Jesus' institution of the Eucharist
STEP 8: The "Fatima Prayer": After the completion of one decade, you recide the "Fatima Prayer": O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fire of hell, lead all souls to heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy. STEP 9: The "Hail Holy Queen": After the completion of one Chaplet (5 decades which represents 5 mysteries), you pray the "Hail Holy Queen" prayer. Hail, holy Queen, mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile show us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. STEP 10: The Sign of the Cross: You conclude the Rosary by doing the Sign of the Cross. In the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
MORE Other Prayers (90)
- A Prayer before the Examination of Conscience
- A Prayer for a New Church
- A Prayer for a New Church # 2
- A Prayer for Candlemas Day
- A Prayer for Church Unity
- Aspirations and Thoughts
- Campus Evangelization Prayer
- Canticle of the Three Youths
- Canticle of Zechariah
- Fifth Centenary Prayer
- Haiku Prayer 10
- Prayer for a Holy Church and Priests
- Prayer for Church Leaders
- Prayer for Holiness
- Prayer for the Bishop
- Prayer for the Bishop's Annual Appeal
- Prayer for the Church # 1
- Prayer for the Church # 2
- Prayer for the Church # 3
- Prayer for the Church the Authorities, Etc...
- Prayer for the Church Unity Octave
- Prayer of Praise and Thanks
- Prayer to Saint Joseph for the Whole Church
- Prayer to the Immaculata
- Prayer to the Most Holy Wounds
- Prayer to the Sacred Heart When the Clock Strikes
- Prayer to the The Infant of Prague
- Prayer When Using Holy Water
- Prayer when using Holy Water
- Prayers between Ascension and Pentecost
- Prayers for Christian Unity # 2
- Prayers for Christian Unity # 3
- Prayers for the Holy Souls
- Praying the Holy Rosary
- Praying the Holy Rosary
- Psalm 111
- Regina Coeli
- Remind Me, Lord
- Renew Prayer
- Rite of Eucharistic - Reposition
- Rogation Day Prayers
- Serenity Prayer
- Shrove Tuesday Prayer
- Sub Tuum Praesidum
- Take From Me My Heart of Stone
- Te Deum Laudamus
- The Akita Prayer
- The Canticle Of Simeon
- The Clown's Prayer
- The Crown of Twelve Stars
- The Doxology
- The Great Commandment
- The Hearken O Lord (Attende Domine) Prayer
- The Heart's Prayer.
- The Holy Face # 1
- The Holy Face # 2
- The Holy Water Bottle Prayer
- The Millennium Prayer
- The Miracle Prayer
- The Miraculous Medal
- The Motorcyclist's Prayer
- The Motorist's Prayer
- THE O Sacred Banquet (O Sacrum Convivium) PRAYER
- The Prayer "As I am the Lord"
- The Prayer "others"
- The Prayer Look Upon the Face
- The Prayer Renewal of Confirmation (By Rev. Bernard Stokes, O.F.M.)
- The Prayer Rorate Caeli
- The Prayer Stabat Mater Dolorosa
- The Prayer Te Deum
- The Prayer the Royal Banners Forward Go
- The Prayer Whatsoever You Do
- The Prayer, Majestic Queen of Heaven
- The Prayer, O Queen of Heaven
- The Prayer, O Saving Victim
- The Prayer, of They Tender Mercy, We Beseech Thee
- The Prayer, Spiritual Armor of Prayer
- The Prayer, The Golden Sequence
- The Prayer, to Jordan's Water
- The Prayer, Very Bread, Good Shepherd, Tend Us.
- The Prayer, We Fly to Thy Patronage
- The Salve Regina
- The Splendor of Truth
- Throw Your Cares On the Lord
- Various Aspirations
- Veni Creator # 1
- Veni Creator # 1
- Veni Creator # 2
- Visit to a Picture of the Sacred Heart
- When in Desolation
Stations of the Cross
Becoming a Catholic
A Guide for Confession
Explanation of the Mass
Mysteries of the Rosary
Holy Days of Obligation
What are Indulgences?
Introduction to Indulgences
Church Teachings on Indulgences
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
The Last Things
A List of Roman Catholic Popes
The Ecumenical Councils
Browse Prayers by Alphabet
Lord and giver of all life, help us to value each person, created in love by you. In your mercy, guide and assist our efforts to promote the dignity and value of all human life, born and unborn. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen. continue reading