A Prayer for Candlemas Day
You are the true Light
enlightening every soul born into this world.
Today we celebrate the feast of Candlemas.
Before Holy Mass,
the priest blesses the candles,
whose wax is the humming summer's work of countless bees.
The flames of these candles
will shed their light upon the altar at the Holy Sacrifice.
Help us to realize,
this day and every day,
that our own humdrum daily work,
if it is done for love of You,
and in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass,
will be a supernatural work,
and will shine brightly before You for all eternity.
Help us realize, too,
each time we see the blessed candles at Holy Mass,
or at the bedside of the sick,
that they are a symbol of Yourself,
the Light shining in the darkness of this world.
Help us to live in that Light,
to make it our own,
and to kindle it in the souls of others,
increasing the area Of light
and lessening the darkness in the World This,
dear Lord, help us do,
through the merits of Your own dear mother, Mary,
who did everything for love of
You, from the moment she brought You into this world
till the day she joined You in the realms of light at her death.
Then we, too, working for You,
shall be light-bearers who will help to spread Your kingdom on earth,
and increase the number of those who dwell in heaven,
the city of eternal light.
More Other Prayers
Showing 1 - 90 of 90
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
We adore you, O Christ, and we bless you; because by your Cross you have redeemed the world. Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you. My Jesus Mercy! Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation! Jesus, Mary, Joseph, I give you my heawrt and my soul. Jesus, Mary, Joseph, assist me in my ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Thursday, May 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Which unique characteristic lies within Pope Francis' new cardinals?
- St. David I of Scotland: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- Bomb explodes during Ariana Grande concert full of young fans HD Video
- How bad is religious freedom in the U.S.? Supreme Court Justice Alito ...
- A message from Heaven: God is the only way to peace
- St. John Baptist de Rossi HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 HD
- Fatima apparitions to be featured in dramatic new film HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.