The Prayer Stabat Mater Dolorosa
At the Cross her station keeping
Stood the mournful Mother weeping,
Close to Jesus to the last.
Through her Heart, His sorrow sharing,
All His bitter anguish bearing,
Lo! the piercing sword had passed.
O how sad and sore distressed
Was that Mother, highly blessed,
Of the Sole-Begotten One.
Mournful, with Heart's prostration,
Mother meek, the bitter Passion
Saw She of Her glorious Son.
Who on Christ's dear Mother gazing,
In Her trouble so amazing,
Born of woman, would not weep?
Who on Christ's dear Mother thinking,
Such a cup of sorrow drinking,
Would not share Her sorrow deep?
For His people's sins rejected,
Saw Her Jesus unprotected.
Saw with thorns, with scourges rent.
Saw Her Son from judgement taken,
Her Beloved in death forsaken,
Till His Spirit forth He sent.
Fount of love and holy sorrow,
Mother, may my spirit borrow
Somewhat of your woe profound.
Unto Christ with pure emotion,
Raise my contrite heart's devotion,
To read love in every wound.
Those Five Wounds on Jesus smitten,
Mother! in my heart be written,
Deep as in your own they be.
You, your Saviour's Cross did bare,
You, your Son's rebuke did share.
Let me share them both with Thee.
In the Passion of my Maker,
Be my sinful soul partaker,
Weep 'til death and weep with you.
Mine with you be that sad station,
There to watch the great salvation,
Wrought upon the atoning Tree.
Virgin, you of virgins fairest,
May the bitter woe Thou bearest
Make on me impression deep.
Thus Christ's dying may I carry,
With Him in His Passion tarry,
And His Wounds in memory keep.
May His Wound both wound and heal me,
He enkindle, cleanse, strengthen me,
By His Cross my hope and stay.
May He, when the mountains quiver,
From that flame which burns forever,
Shield me on the Judgement Day.
Jesus, may Your Cross defend me,
And Your Mother's prayer befriend me;
Let me die in Your embrace.
When to dust my dust returns,
Grant a soul, that to You yearns,
In Your paradise a place.
MORE Other Prayers (90)
- A Prayer before the Examination of Conscience
- A Prayer for a New Church
- A Prayer for a New Church # 2
- A Prayer for Candlemas Day
- A Prayer for Church Unity
- Aspirations and Thoughts
- Campus Evangelization Prayer
- Canticle of the Three Youths
- Canticle of Zechariah
- Fifth Centenary Prayer
- Haiku Prayer 10
- Prayer for a Holy Church and Priests
- Prayer for Church Leaders
- Prayer for Holiness
- Prayer for the Bishop
- Prayer for the Bishop's Annual Appeal
- Prayer for the Church # 1
- Prayer for the Church # 2
- Prayer for the Church # 3
- Prayer for the Church the Authorities, Etc...
- Prayer for the Church Unity Octave
- Prayer of Praise and Thanks
- Prayer to Saint Joseph for the Whole Church
- Prayer to the Immaculata
- Prayer to the Most Holy Wounds
- Prayer to the Sacred Heart When the Clock Strikes
- Prayer to the The Infant of Prague
- Prayer When Using Holy Water
- Prayer when using Holy Water
- Prayers between Ascension and Pentecost
- Prayers for Christian Unity # 2
- Prayers for Christian Unity # 3
- Prayers for the Holy Souls
- Praying the Holy Rosary
- Praying the Holy Rosary
- Psalm 111
- Regina Coeli
- Remind Me, Lord
- Renew Prayer
- Rite of Eucharistic - Reposition
- Rogation Day Prayers
- Serenity Prayer
- Shrove Tuesday Prayer
- Sub Tuum Praesidum
- Take From Me My Heart of Stone
- Te Deum Laudamus
- The Akita Prayer
- The Canticle Of Simeon
- The Clown's Prayer
- The Crown of Twelve Stars
- The Doxology
- The Great Commandment
- The Hearken O Lord (Attende Domine) Prayer
- The Heart's Prayer.
- The Holy Face # 1
- The Holy Face # 2
- The Holy Water Bottle Prayer
- The Millennium Prayer
- The Miracle Prayer
- The Miraculous Medal
- The Motorcyclist's Prayer
- The Motorist's Prayer
- THE O Sacred Banquet (O Sacrum Convivium) PRAYER
- The Prayer "As I am the Lord"
- The Prayer "others"
- The Prayer Look Upon the Face
- The Prayer Renewal of Confirmation (By Rev. Bernard Stokes, O.F.M.)
- The Prayer Rorate Caeli
- The Prayer Stabat Mater Dolorosa
- The Prayer Te Deum
- The Prayer the Royal Banners Forward Go
- The Prayer Whatsoever You Do
- The Prayer, Majestic Queen of Heaven
- The Prayer, O Queen of Heaven
- The Prayer, O Saving Victim
- The Prayer, of They Tender Mercy, We Beseech Thee
- The Prayer, Spiritual Armor of Prayer
- The Prayer, The Golden Sequence
- The Prayer, to Jordan's Water
- The Prayer, Very Bread, Good Shepherd, Tend Us.
- The Prayer, We Fly to Thy Patronage
- The Salve Regina
- The Splendor of Truth
- Throw Your Cares On the Lord
- Various Aspirations
- Veni Creator # 1
- Veni Creator # 1
- Veni Creator # 2
- Visit to a Picture of the Sacred Heart
- When in Desolation
Stations of the Cross
Becoming a Catholic
A Guide for Confession
Explanation of the Mass
Mysteries of the Rosary
Holy Days of Obligation
What are Indulgences?
Introduction to Indulgences
Church Teachings on Indulgences
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
The Last Things
A List of Roman Catholic Popes
The Ecumenical Councils
Browse Prayers by Alphabet
You expired, O Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls and an ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us. O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us, I trust in ... continue reading
God, come to my assistance. Lord make haste to help me. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and the Holy Spirit; as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. O my God, I thank you for having preserved me today and for having given me so many blessings and graces. I renew my dedication to you and ask your pardon for all my ... continue reading