Celestine IV Pope for 15 days in 1241, Celestine IV was born Goffredo Castiglione in Milan and may have been a nephew of Urban III. Celestine is said to have been a Cistercian and was the first pope elected in conclave. Not known to have committed any official acts as pope, Celestine may have died before he was crowned.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Augustinian bishop. Born at Fuentellana, Castile, Spain, he was the son of a miller. He studied at the University of Alcala, earned a licentiate in theology, and became a professor there at the age ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Veronica is known as the woman who offered a cloth to Jesus so He could wipe His face on the way to His crucifixion. The cloth is believed to exist today in the Vatican and is considered one of the most treasured relics of the Church. Saint Veronica is not ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Bruno was born in Cologne of the prominent Hartenfaust family. He studied at the Cathedral school at Rheims, and on his return to Cologne about 1055, was ordained and became a Canon at St. Cunibert's. He returned to Rheims in 1056 as professor of theology, became head ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis asks the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe following ...
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD Video
- St. Thomas of Villanueva: Saint of the Day for Friday, September 22, 2017
- With so many earthquakes, is California next?
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD Video
- We have unmasked the, foul-mouthed, liberal hypocrite Lawrence ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, September 22, 2017
- Terrifying earthquake collapses buildings in Mexico City, hundreds dead HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, September 22nd, 2017 HD
- Officials warn, 'evacuate or die' as Maria churns towards Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, September 21st, 2017 HD
How to Pray the Rosary
The Rosary is a Scripture-based prayer to help us remember the ... @ $0.99