Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Virgin. She was renowned in the area of Champagne, France, and with her six saintly sisters, formed a religious community in their residence.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Empress mother of Constantine the Great. She was a native of Bithynia, who married the then Roman general Constantius I Chlorus about 270. Constantine was born soon after, and in 293, Constantius was made Caesar, or junior emperor. He divorced Helena to marry co ... continue readingMore Female Saints
A disciple of Christ sent by St. Thomas to the court of King Abgar the Black, the second century Osroene ruler. Legendary accounts claim Abgar wrote to Christ asking Jesus to cure him of an intolerable and incurable illness. Abgar's court was in Edessa in Asia Minor ... continue reading
An archbishop and scholar, Ado was born in Sens and educated at the Benedictine abbey of Ferrieres. Abbot Lupus Servatus, an outstanding humanist of the time, trained Ado, and was impressed with the obvious holiness of the young man. A noble by birth, Ado renounced his ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- In Barcelona, a church responded to a terrorist attack by opening its ...
- St. Bartholomew: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Priest admits to being former member of KKK, and speaks out about his ...
- Forget Winter, Recession is Coming
- Archbishop reveals a surprise about Medjugorje HD Video
- As terrorists attacked, one church opened its doors. Here's what ...
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD