Emperor of Arnulf, from 850-899. Illegitimate son of Carloman of Bavaria. In 887 he led the East Franks in rebellion against his uncle, Charles III, and ruled as their king from that year until his death. He defeated the Normans in 891 and was also successful against the Moravians. In 894 he made a weak incursion into Italy at the request of Pope Formosus, but stopped at Piacenza. He invaded with more strength in 896, took Rome, and was crowned emperor. He was stricken with paralysis and returned to his homeland. He was the last of the Carolingian emperors.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Thomas More was born in London on February 7, 1478. His father, Sir John More, was a lawyer and judge who rose to prominence during the reign of Edward IV. His connections and wealth would help his ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Genevieve was a fair and courageous peasant girl who was born around 422 in Nanterre, France, to a man named Severus and a woman named Gerontia. When Genevieve was only seven-years-old, St. Germanus, Bishop of Auxerre visited Nanterre on his way to Britain. While ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Benedictine abbot in Lerins, in France. He is reported as a co-worker of St. Amandus of Lerins. continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- On the Path to Sainthood: The remarkable story of a young women and ...
- A Serial Killer's Last Words: The hidden motive behind Ted Bundy's ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, June 22, 2017
- The unexpected, special gift Pope Francis presented to the King and ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 23rd, 2017 HD Video
- St. Thomas More: Saint of the Day for Thursday, June 22, 2017
- North Korea's secret strategy revealed HD Video
- What if an asteroid strikes near you? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 HD
- Killer supervolcano under Yellowstone stirs as 500 earthquakes hit park HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 21st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.