Archbishop of Milan, Italy, also called Merocles. He is revered as one of the originators of the Ambrosian chant and liturgy. He attended the Council of Rome in 313.
Saint Feast Days by Month
The remarkable woman who would be known as Mother Theresa began life named Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu. Born on August 26, 1910 in Skopje, she was the youngest child born to Nikola and Drane Bojaxhiu, Receiving her First Communion at the age of five, she was confirmed in ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Ignatius was the son of a poor farmer in Laconi, Italy. He was born on December 17, 1701. When he was about seventeen, he became very ill. He promised to be a Franciscan if he would get better. But when the illness left him, his father convinced him to wait. A couple ... continue reading
Isidore was literally born into a family of saints in sixth century Spain. Two of his brothers, Leander and Fulgentius, and one of his sisters, Florentina, are revered as saints in Spain. It was also a family of leaders and strong minds with Leander and Fulgentius ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
by Catholic Online
- Get ready for self checkout everywhere: 3.5 million retail cashiers ...
- North Korea launches purge against Christians as faith spreads across ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Pro-life wins in Texas with new law to protect religious freedom and ...
- Over 20 million people facing starvation - and we should care!
- St. Clare of Montefalco: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD
- Catholic Online YouTube HD
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD