St. Eric IX of Sweden
Martyred king of Sweden, the author of the Code of Uppland or King Eric's Law. A devout Christian, Eric spread the faith through out the nation after his crowning in 1150. He campaigned against the pagan Finns and persuaded Bishop Henry of Uppsala, an Englishman, to remain in missionary service in Finland. Eric was slain by Swedish nobles who were allies of Prince Magnus of Denmark. They beheaded him near Uppsala as Magnus' any entered the region. Eric was never officially canonized but is patron of Sweden.
Saint Feast Days by Month
The writings of St. Irenaeus entitle him to a high place among the fathers of the Church, for they not only laid the foundations of Christian theology but, by exposing and refuting the errors of the ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
An elder Mexican man makes his way to Mass in the early morning twilight of December 9, 1531. He is a peasant, a simple farmer and laborer, and he has no education. Born under Aztec rule, he is a convert to Catholicism, and each step he takes this morning is a step ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Everything we know about the husband of Mary and the foster father of Jesus comes from Scripture and that has seemed too little for those who made up legends about him. We know he was a carpenter, a working man, for the skeptical Nazarenes ask about Jesus, "Is this ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Cyber-attack hitting USA right now, experts fear could turn deadly in ...
- New social media algorithm can predict the future
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the ...
- St. Irenaeus: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD Video
- How decaf coffee destroyed the ozone layer, you monsters
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD