An Evening Visit
Stay to adore and praise,
and give thanks for us while we sleep;
to draw down mercy and grace upon the world;
to give strength to the suffering souls
in purgatory in their long night of waiting.
Stay with us,
to ward off the anger of God
from our crowded cities with their dens of vice,
their crimes that call to Heaven for vengeance.
Stay with us,
to guard the innocent,
to sustain the tempted,
to raise the fallen,
to curb the power of the evil one,
to prevent sin.
Stay with us,
to comfort the sorrowing,
to bless the death-beds,
to grant contrition to the dying,
to receive into the arms of Your mercy
the thousands that this night
must come before You for judgment.
O Good Shepherd,
stay with Your sheep,
Secure them against the perils that beset them.
Stay, above all,
with the suffering and dying.
Grant us a quiet night and a perfect end.
Be our merciful Shepherd to the last,
that without fear we may appear before You as our Judge.
More Evening Prayers
Showing 1 - 30 of 30
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Dear Jesus, Divine Physician and Healer of the sick, we turn to you in this time of illness. O dearest comforter of the troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our worries in your hands. We place our sick ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Christian student suspended for arguing with Muslim teacher - ...
- Implant allows paralyzed man to move arm using his thoughts HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 31st, 2017 HD Video
- Was Jesus' portrait minted on ancient coins?
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Thursday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 30
- St. Peter Regulatus: Saint of the Day for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- holy spirit
- morning prayer
- Saint Elizabeth
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- saint rose
- st rose of lima
- immaculate conception
- st augustine
- st monica
- saint of the day
- St. Elizabeth
- john bosco
- st catherine
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.