Dedication of a Child to Our Lady of Guadalupe
Your Message of love and care on Tepeyac Hill
floated like a lilting lullaby
into the fresh golden dawn.
Softly you called to Juan Diego,
"least of your sons,"
a man of middle years,
but guileless and childlike in spirit.
Through him you invited all your children to come to you,
the ever-virgin Mother of God,
to look to you as a mother
who wanted only to show a mother's love.
You would give them whatever they needed,
help and protection,
strength and comfort.
As a lasting proof you left us
your own marvelous picture,
unpainted by any human hand.
Today we bring to you
our child ( I bring __________ my) (as yet Unborn).
May this little one always know
and love you as holy Mary,
Mother of the true God
in whom we live and have our being.
May this new soul,
fresh breathed forth from the creator,
giving life to the body,
be like the soul of Juan Diego,
simple, pure and good.
Dear Lady of Guadulupe,
touch this petal of our hearts
with the wintry roses of Tepeyac,
so that a fragrant joy and peace
may spread along its path of earthly life,
reminding men of you
and sweetly drawing them to your waiting heart.
Take this child as your own.
Lady lovely and demure,
enfolded in the mantle of your care,
until the day when in a new land,
all your children join with you,
their merciful mother,
endlessly giving praise and thanks
to God the Father,
Son and Holy Spirit.
More Children Prayers
Showing 1 - 40 of 40
A Guide for Confession
Browser Prayers by Section
Prayer of the Day
How to pray the Rosary
El Rosario Santo
Sign of the Cross
The Way - The First Christians
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Stations of the Cross
by Catholic Online
- St. Tarasius: Saint of the Day for Sunday, February 25, 2018
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 13
- Daily Readings for Sunday, February 25, 2018
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 12
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 25th, 2018 HD Video
- The Biblical Seal of Isaiah has been found! HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 14
- The Tragic Reason Mass Shootings Happen, and it's NOT the guns HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 24th, 2018 HD
- Spiritual Warfare and the Help of Angels HD
- St. Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education