Dedication of a Child to Our Lady of Guadalupe
Your Message of love and care on Tepeyac Hill
floated like a lilting lullaby
into the fresh golden dawn.
Softly you called to Juan Diego,
"least of your sons,"
a man of middle years,
but guileless and childlike in spirit.
Through him you invited all your children to come to you,
the ever-virgin Mother of God,
to look to you as a mother
who wanted only to show a mother's love.
You would give them whatever they needed,
help and protection,
strength and comfort.
As a lasting proof you left us
your own marvelous picture,
unpainted by any human hand.
Today we bring to you
our child ( I bring __________ my) (as yet Unborn).
May this little one always know
and love you as holy Mary,
Mother of the true God
in whom we live and have our being.
May this new soul,
fresh breathed forth from the creator,
giving life to the body,
be like the soul of Juan Diego,
simple, pure and good.
Dear Lady of Guadulupe,
touch this petal of our hearts
with the wintry roses of Tepeyac,
so that a fragrant joy and peace
may spread along its path of earthly life,
reminding men of you
and sweetly drawing them to your waiting heart.
Take this child as your own.
Lady lovely and demure,
enfolded in the mantle of your care,
until the day when in a new land,
all your children join with you,
their merciful mother,
endlessly giving praise and thanks
to God the Father,
Son and Holy Spirit.
More Children Prayers
Showing 1 - 40 of 40
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
We adore you, O Christ, and we bless you; because by your Cross you have redeemed the world. Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you. My Jesus Mercy! Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation! Jesus, Mary, Joseph, I give you my heawrt and my soul. Jesus, Mary, Joseph, assist me in my ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Is Callista Gingrich the best choice for the new U.S. Ambassador to ...
- St. John Baptist de Rossi HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- Artist creates breathtaking model of St. Peter's Square
- St. John Baptist de Rossi: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 HD Video
- Pope Francis urges Christians to act with gentleness and respect
- Fatima apparitions to be featured in dramatic new film HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 22nd, 2017 HD
- U2 lead singer, Bono endorses Psalms message HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.