Saints A to Z: D
Showing 1 - 290 of 290
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Januarius was born in Italy and was bishop of Benevento during the Emperor Diocletion persecution. Bishop Januarius went to visit two deacons and two laymen in prison. He was then also imprison ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
"Jesus loved Martha and Mary and Lazarus." This unique statement in John's gospel tells us of the special relationship Jesus had with Martha, her sister, and her brother. Apparently Jesus was a frequent guest at Martha's home in Bethany, a small village two miles from ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
The holy men and women are also called the "Protomartyrs of Rome." They were accused of burning Rome by Nero , who burned Rome to cover his own crimes. Some martyrs were burned as living torches at evening banquets, some crucified, others were fed to wild animals. ... continue reading
Founder of the Franciscan Order, born at Assisi in Umbria, in 1181. In 1182, Pietro Bernardone returned from a trip to France to find out his wife had given birth to a son. Far from being excited or apologetic because he'd been gone, Pietro was furious because she'd ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Another priest rescued from ISIS! Philippine Army rescues 'Fr. Chito' ...
- St. Januarius: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Philippine Army rescues Fr. Chito! Terrorists are surrendering in ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 20th, 2017 HD Video
- Planet Niburu: what's going to happen on September 23?
- Here's how Catholic Online is going to change your life, starting NOW!
- Catholic Online Presents HD
- Terrorist at large! London attack injures 22, more attacks could happen HD
- A special message from Fr. Tom to all who prayed for his release HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 19th, 2017 HD