Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Saint Feast Days by Month
Little is known about St. Matthew, except that he was the son of Alpheus, and he was likely born in Galilee. He worked as a tax collector, which was a hated profession during the time of ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Lucy's history has been lost and all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life during the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the whole Church ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Francis was born at Paola, Italy and was educated at the Franciscan friary of San Marco there, and when fifteen became a hermit near Paola. In 1436, he and two companions began a community that is considered the foundation of the Minim Friars. He built a monastery ... continue reading
St. Francis Xavier was a Navarrese-Basque Roman Catholic missionary born in the Kingdom of Navarre on April 7, 1506. His father was a privy counselor and finance minister to King John III of Navarre. He was the youngest in his family and resided in a castle which still ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Friday, September 22, 2017
- St. Thomas of Villanueva: Saint of the Day for Friday, September 22, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD Video
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD Video
- Pope Francis asks the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe following ...
- We have unmasked the, foul-mouthed, liberal hypocrite Lawrence ...
- Hurricane Maria scours Puerto Rico, will be months before electricity ...
- Terrifying earthquake collapses buildings in Mexico City, hundreds dead HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, September 22nd, 2017 HD
- Officials warn, 'evacuate or die' as Maria churns towards Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, September 21st, 2017 HD
The Encyclical Letter of the Holy Father Francis
The Encyclical Letter of the Holy Father Francis - Laudato ... @ $0.00