Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Also called Ptolemaeus, a Roman martyr with Lucius. Ptolemy was a Christian in Rome who was denounced after one of his students, a woman, left her husband after her Baptism. Imprisoned and condemned to die, he was joined in martyrdom by two bystanders Lucius and an unnamed man after they protested his sentence and were declared to be Christians. Justin Martyr, one of the foremost Christian apologists, composed an account of their martyrdoms.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Innocent was born at Albano, Italy. He became Pope, succeeding Pope St. Anastasius I, on December 22, 401. During Innocent's pontificate, he emphasized papal supremacy, commending the bishops of ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
An elder Mexican man makes his way to Mass in the early morning twilight of December 9, 1531. He is a peasant, a simple farmer and laborer, and he has no education. Born under Aztec rule, he is a convert to Catholicism, and each step he takes this morning is a step ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Saint Christopher is one of the most popular Catholic Christian heroes of the Faith. He is a saint, indeed listed as a martyr. He may have also been named Reprobus. He apparently died under the Roman Emperor Decius, in 251 AD. Most Catholics refer to him as Saint ... continue reading
By Marshall Connolly (CALIFORNIA NETWORK)
Tomorrow, July 26, is one year after the brutal murder of Fr. Jacques Hamel by ISIS-affiliated terrorists in France. The bishops of France are remembering him today. Reflecting on his passing, millions are asking, is he a saint? LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) -- ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Why can't Republicans repeal Obamacare? HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, July 29, 2017
- Why can't Republicans repeal Obamacare? Maverick senators, for one
- What happens when Catholics miss the point of their faith?
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 1st, 2017 HD Video
- St. Martha: Saint of the Day for Saturday, July 29, 2017
- Science confirms what Biblical scholars already know - the conquest ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 31st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 30th, 2017 HD
- What can you expect when you die? Science provides an answer HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 29th, 2017 HD