Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Benedictine patron of wine growers. He was born into a noble family near Worms, Germany, and was educated at the cathedral school. Ordained, he made a pilgrimage to Compostela, Spain, and entered the Benedictines at Cluny, under St. Hugh. About 1100, Morand was sent to lower Alsace at the request of Count Frederick Pferz, who had just restored St. Christopher Church at Altkirch. Morand became the count's counselor and was revered for his miracles. He is patron of wine makers because he endured one Lent by eating only a bunch of grapes.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Saint Catherine of Alexandria is a canonized saint in the Catholic Church who, per Christian tradition, was martyred around 305 in Alexandria, Egypt. Of course, the Church of the first Millennium was undivided. She is also recognized as the Great Martyr and Saint by ... continue readingMore Female Saints
"Make your fold with the sheep; flee from the wolves: depart not from the Church," Cyril admonished catechumens surrounded by heresy. These were prophetic words for Cyril was to be hounded by enemies and heretics for most of his life, and although they could exile him ... continue reading
David, the youngest son of Scotland's virtuous queen, (Saint) Margaret, succeeded his brother to the Scottish throne in 1124. David's friend, (Saint) Aelred, abbot of the English monastery of Rievaulx, was later to recount David's religious devotion and his generosity ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Video captures moment killer quake strikes in Greece
- Vatican says report on abuse in Germany shows progress in fight ...
- Many Blessings! Family celebrates 100 children
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat ...
- St. Bridget of Sweden: Saint of the Day for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Daily Readings for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD