St. Maximus of Aquila
Martyred deacon of Aquila, Italy. He was thrown over a cliff by the Roman authorities for refusing to deny the faith. Maximus is patron saint of Aquila.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Agnes of Rome was born in 291 AD and raised in a Christian family. Agnes was very beautiful and belonged to a wealthy family. Her hand in marriage was highly sought after, and she had many high ranking men chasing after her. However, Agnes made a promise to God ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Pope from 461-468 and guardian of Church unity. He was born in Sardinia, Italy, and was a papal legate to the Robber Council of Ephesus in 449, barely escaping with his life from this affair. Hilary was used by Pope St. Leo I the Great on many assignments. When Leo ... continue reading
Father Hubert Schiffer, (1915 - March 27, 1982) was one of eight German Jesuits who survived the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. He was only eight blocks away from ground zero when the explosion occurred. Some Catholics believe the survival of the priests to have been a ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
by Catholic Online
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat ...
- Many Blessings! Family celebrates 100 children
- Vatican says report on abuse in Germany shows progress in fight ...
- Daily Readings for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Video captures moment killer quake strikes in Greece
- St. Bridget of Sweden: Saint of the Day for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD