Martyrs of London
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Three groups of martyrs who were put to death in the late sixteenth century in London by English authorities.
(d. 1582) Martyrs executed for treason, by virtue of their supposed complicity in the entirely spurious plot known as the "Conspiracy of Reims and Rome." Feastday: none (d. 1588) A group that suffered martyrdom following the defeat of the Spanish Armada and the increase of anti-Catholic feeling in Elizabethan England. Feastday: none (d. 1591) A group suffering martyrdom as a result of the British government's enforcement of anti-Catholic policies. Feastday: none
Saint Feast Days by Month
The writings of St. Irenaeus entitle him to a high place among the fathers of the Church, for they not only laid the foundations of Christian theology but, by exposing and refuting the errors of the ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Katharine Drexel is the second American-born saint to be canonized by the Catholic Church. This amazing woman was an heiress to a large bequest who became a religious sister and a brilliant educator. Katherine was born in Philadelphia on November 26, 1858, the ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Bishop of Merida, Spain, trained by his predecessor, St. Paul. He was originally from the East. continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Could man who destroyed Ten Commandments monument be possessed?
- 111 DEAD - Death toll mounts under California suicide law, will the ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 29th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Irenaeus: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Persecution is part of the Gospel: Pope Francis believes following ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD