St. Guy of Anderlecht
St. Guy of Anderlecht (1012) was born near Brussels. He was poor and uneducated but led an austre life. He gave up and lost what little he had. Returning from a seven year pilgrimage, he took on foot to Jerusalem and Rome, he died in Anderlecht. Miracles were reported at the grave of this 'poor man of Anderlecht'. His feast day is September 12.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Saint Birgitta was the daughter of Uppland's Lagman, Birger Petersson and his wife, Ingeborg, who was a member of the same clan as the reigning family. Birgitta's family was pious; her father went to ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Lucy's history has been lost and all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life during the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the whole Church ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
According to her apochryphal tradition, she was a resident of Caesarea, Cappadocia, who when she refused to sacrifice to the gods during Emperor Diocletian's persecution of the Christians, was tortured by the governor and ordered executed. On the way to the place of ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Many Blessings! Family celebrates 100 children
- St. Bridget of Sweden: Saint of the Day for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Vatican says report on abuse in Germany shows progress in fight ...
- Video captures moment killer quake strikes in Greece
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD