Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Virgin martyr of Caesarea, in Palestine. Known mainly through unreliable legend, she was supposedly a twenty year old girl in Caesarea who was denounced as a Christian during the persecutions launched by Emperor Trajanus Decius. She was tortured and thrown into a furnace. Miraculously surviving the flames, she still refused to sacrifice to the pagan gods and the Romans beheaded her.
Saint Feast Days by Month
It is uncertain when Saint George was born and historians continue to debate to this day. However, his death date is estimated to be April 23 303 A.D. The first piece of evidence of George's ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
What we know of St. Elizabeth comes from the Gospel, the book of Luke, in particular. In Luke, Elizabeth, a daughter of the line of Aaron, and the wife of Zacharias, was "righteous before God" and was "blameless" but childless. Elizabeth is also a cousin to the Virgin ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Ava was the daughter of King Pepin. She was cured of blindness by St. Rainfredis, became a Benedictine nun at Dinart, Hainault, and later was elected Abbess. Her feast day is April 29th. continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Feast of Divine Mercy: Doubting Thomas and the Wounds that Heal Our ...
- Daily Readings for Sunday, April 23, 2017
- NYC Catholics accuse Cardinal Dolan for 'playing both sides' as ...
- Day 3 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- St. George: Saint of the Day for Sunday, April 23, 2017
- Day 2 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- Scientists discover hobbits are real, but they're not related to us
- Day 1 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, April 24th, 2017 HD
- Intro to the Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Fast Burning Virtual Prayer Candle
Your contribution helps to maintain this corner of Catholic ... @ $15.00
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.