Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Praemonstratensian bishop of Ratzeburg, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. He opposed Duke Albert of Sachsen-Lauenburg and was imprisoned and exiled. Duke John of Mecklenburg gave Ludolph shelter, but he died soon after because of the abuse he received in prison. Ludolph was canonized in the fourteenth century.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Stephen the Great (977-1038), was the son of the Magyar chieftain Geza, Stephen succeeded him as leader in 997. Already raised a Christian, in 996 he wed the daughter of Duke Henry II of Bavaria ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Gemma Galgani was born on March 12, 1878, in a small Italian town near Lucca. At a very young age, Gemma developed a love for prayer. She made her First Communion on June 17, 1887. As a pupil at the school run by the Sisters of St. Zita, Gemma was loved by her teachers ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
As a young lay woman in Coesfeld, Germany, Anne Catherine Emmerick, employed as a seamstress, daily attended Mass, visited the Blessed Sacrament, and in the late evening spent hour upon hour praying on her knees. Around midnight, she would leave her home to make the ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD Video
- The Vatican has a list of films you should see. Some of these will ...
- People in Yemen are dying of a foul and dreaded disease as civil war ...
- St. Stephen the Great: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Corrupt media censoring news of lawsuit against Democratic National ...
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 17th, 2017 HD
- Warning to California: Volcanoes could erupt, endangering half the state HD
- With eclipse near, Pope Francis warns against astrology and fortune telling HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 16th, 2017 HD