St. Leonard of Noblac
Hermit-abbot, a convert of St. Remigius. He was a French courtier offered a bishopric, but became a recluse at Micy, France. He then lived at Limoges, France, and he was given land by the royal court on which he founded Noblac Abbey, later called Saint-Leonard. He is a patron of Women in labor and prisoners of war.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Mary Magdalene is one of the greatest saints of the Bible and a legendary example of God's mercy and grace. The precise dates of her birth and death are unknown, but we do know she was present ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Bernadette was born in Lourdes, France on January 7, 1844. Her parents were very poor and she was the first of nine children. She was baptized at St. Pierre's, the local parish church, on January 9. As a toddler, Bernadette contracted cholera and suffered extreme ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Alvarez was born in either Lisbon, Portugal, or Cordova, Spain. He entered the Dominican convent at Cordova in 1368. He became known for his preaching prowess in Spain and Italy, was confessor and adviser of Queen Catherine, John of Gaunt's daughter, and tutor of King ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- St. Bridget of Sweden: Saint of the Day for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Vatican says report on abuse in Germany shows progress in fight ...
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat ...
- Video captures moment killer quake strikes in Greece
- Daily Readings for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Many Blessings! Family celebrates 100 children
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD