Benedictine abbot, also called Trond or Tron. He was a Frank who entered the Benedictines and was ordained by St. Clodulphus of Metz. Trudo founded an abbey circa 660 which was later called St. Trond. It was located near Louvain on an estate which had belonged to his own family. He is called an apostle to the pagans of Hasbaye, his home region.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Januarius was born in Italy and was bishop of Benevento during the Emperor Diocletion persecution. Bishop Januarius went to visit two deacons and two laymen in prison. He was then also imprison ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Historians remember St. Rose of Lima for her piety and chastity. Born in 1586 in Lima, Peru to Spanish colonists, and named Isabel Flores de Olivia, she was exceptionally beautiful. Her beauty was so great that she was nicknamed "Rose," a name that remains with her to ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Angela Merici was an Italian religious educator and founder of the Ursulines whose deep prayer life and relationship with the Lord bore the fruit of mystical encounters with God. She was born on March 21, 1474 in Desenzano, a small town on the shore of Lake Garda ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Another priest rescued from ISIS! Philippine Army rescues 'Fr. Chito' ...
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, September 21st, 2017 HD Video
- Here's how Catholic Online is going to change your life, starting NOW!
- St. Januarius: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Planet Niburu: What's going to happen on September 23?
- Officials: 'Evacuate or die' as Cat 5 Maria closes on Puerto Rico
- Another priest rescued from ISIS! Philippine Army rescues 'Fr. Chito' HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 20th, 2017 HD
- Catholic Online Presents HD
- Terrorist at large! London attack injures 22, more attacks could happen HD