Bl. Thomas Toan
Martyr in Vietnam. A Vietnamese native, he worked as a catechist until his arrest by authorities. After overcoming the temptations of giving up the faith, he repented his weakness and stood firm. As a result, he was viciously flogged and then left to die from exposure, succumbing after twelve agonizing days.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Saints Joachim (sometimes spelled "Joaquin," pronounced "wal-keem") and Anne, are the parents of the Virgin Mary. There are no mentions of them in the Bible or Gospels, what we know comes from ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
The remarkable woman who would be known as Mother Theresa began life named Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu. Born on August 26, 1910 in Skopje, she was the youngest child born to Nikola and Drane Bojaxhiu, Receiving her First Communion at the age of five, she was confirmed in ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Winfrith had expected to return to England from Friesland (in what is now Holland) in triumph. He had left the land where he was a respected scholar, teacher, and priest because he was convinced he was called to missionary work. He had argued and pestered his abbot ... continue reading
Saint Birgitta was the daughter of Uppland's Lagman, Birger Petersson and his wife, Ingeborg, who was a member of the same clan as the reigning family. Birgitta's family was pious; her father went to confession every Friday and made long and arduous pilgrimages as far ... continue reading
By Marshall Connolly (CALIFORNIA NETWORK)
Tomorrow, July 26, is one year after the brutal murder of Fr. Jacques Hamel by ISIS-affiliated terrorists in France. The bishops of France are remembering him today. Reflecting on his passing, millions are asking, is he a saint? LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) -- ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- Sts. Joachim and Anne: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- Do you have what it takes to become a Catholic celebrity?
- One year later, is Fr. Jacques Hamel a saint?
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Chinese government says it will keep a firm grip on Catholic Church
- Pope Francis is set for something big, but what is it? HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 HD
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat of ISIS HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD