Dreams - Angel Stories
By: Michelle Vargas
Location: Carthage NY USA
My brother passed away on June 19, 2006. He was 39 years old. He had a full life. He was blessed to be the oldest of three children. He had his own three children as well and a woman he loved dearly. We had a special relationship. I am the youngest and the only girl, so I was spoiled by him and my parents. He had been sick for awhile but he would be admitted to the hospital and released in a week. When he got sick that last time, my parents thought it would be the same, so they did not call me. I live out of town. Nine hours away to be exact. My husband is a soldier so we move alot. We happened to be at a military ball when we recieved the call. As soon as that phone rang, I knew it wasn\'t good. When I saw that it was my dad calling, my stomach sank. My dad goes to bed no later than 10pm and it was now 2am. When I answered my husband\'s cell phone and my dad told me my brother was not going to make it this time, and I needed to get home, I lost all control. We were 4!
5 minutes from our own home. We went to the hotel room to change and check out right away. We headed for our own home so I could pack and book a flight. I took a shower and layed down on the bed for an hour. I set the alarm and everything. Suddenly I awoke with a start. I looked at the clock and it was blinking. Our power had gone out. I was frantic. I jumped up and ran to my son\'s room and found his blinking as well. I ran downstairs to find another clock and saw that it 2 minutes before the hour that I had set my alarm for. I know that was devine intervention that woke me up that day.I had not slept in 24hrs so for me to wake so suddenly and at the right time? There is no other reason for that. I flew out on the next available flight and got to the hospital a few hours later. I was fortunate to have spent time with my brother before he passed. It was a very hard thing to go through. Since the day he died, I had questions. Why? Where is he? Is he safe? Pain free? I know we learn all about this in church but when this happened to me,!
I couldn't help but wonder. One morning after I had returned to New York and tried to get on with life as usual,I woke up from a dream and I was in tears. The dream I had was about my brother. He was standing in front of me and I was calling to him, but he wouldn\'t turn around. He was talking to a man and asking for someone. The man told him to look outside. My brother asked the guy if he was sure \"she\" was out there and the other man said yes. My brother walked out the door. I was close behind calling after him. He would not turn around. He walked up to a fence and was looking through it. He smiled. He started for the opening of the fence and I was still behind him calling after him and crying by this time. There were all these \"people\" on the other side of the fence and he was so happy to see them. I was calling his name over and over, and he finally turned to look at me. I said \" Come back\" He said he couldn\'t. I said\" Please come back and give me a hug\" He came walking over and gave me hug and I am crying so hard, asking him why and how. He said \" Stop worrying about me, I am fine. I\'m okay.\" Then all the other \"people\" started to leave and he said \" I have to go now. I am okay and I will keep you with me forever.\" That is when I woke up crying. I do believe the \"people\" in my dream were angels. I do believe that dream was sent to me from my brother, to put my mind at rest. I did cry a little more that day, but I have felt a sense of peace since that day. I now KNOW he is happy and healthy again. I was a believer before, I am more so now.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 301 - 328 of 328
- My Angel, by Jerry Wallace
- A Wake-Up Call, by Kathryn Adriano
- Just relax!, by Maureen Moore
- Everything will be alright, by John May
- Josephina, by Anonymous
- guardian angel, by B. Baptiste
- My Grandmother's Grave, by Michelle Brylowska
- My mom came to see her grandson for the first time, by Dawn Gudat
- Joan of arc, by Meagan Kaminski
- Two Angels in one day, by Trina Moore
- Dreams, by Michelle Vargas
- I believe, by Samantha Wynkoop
- no title, by Anonymous
- Ignatius, by Theresa Smaroff
- God's Will, by Jennifer Martin
- Grandfather as an angel, by Kathleen Liner
- Homeless Angel, by Angela Ohanian
- An Angel in my Kitchen, by Joycelyn Smith
- Angels are Everywhere, by Jaci Tron
- Four Wheel Drive Angels, by John Haas
- Angels in the Train Station, by C. E.
- Someone has saved me!, by Mary Leeneth Lauron
- Angel Couple, by Randy Rodriguez
- Not my time, by FIONA MALONEY
- no title, by Christina Song
- One night, by Christian Elizalde
- Police Officer's Partner, by Alfredo Lopez
- An Angel's Message of Warning, by Joan Fowler
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Stephen the Great (977-1038), was the son of the Magyar chieftain Geza, Stephen succeeded him as leader in 997. Already raised a Christian, in 996 he wed the daughter of Duke Henry II of Bavaria ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Abigail, more commonly known as St. Gobnait or Deborah, was a medieval Irish saint born around the 6th century in County Clare, Ireland. According to tradition, Abigail's family was always feuding. This caused her to run away from home to settle on Inis Oirr in ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
John Gonzales de Castrillo was born at Sahagun, Leon Spain. He was educated by the Benedictine monks of Fagondez monastery there and when twenty, received a canonry from the bishop of Burgos, though he already had several benefices. He was ordained in 1445; concerned ... continue reading
Jean-Baptiste-Marie Vianney, known as John in English, was born May 8, 1786 in Dardilly, France and was baptized the same day. He was the fourth of six children born to Matthieu and Marie Vianney. John was raised in a Catholic home and the family often helped the poor ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD Video
- Pro-life wins in Texas with new law to protect religious freedom and ...
- Get ready for self checkout everywhere: 3.5 million retail cashiers ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- North Korea launches purge against Christians as faith spreads across ...
- St. Clare of Montefalco: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Over 20 million people facing starvation - and we should care!
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD
- Catholic Online YouTube HD
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD