Dedication of England to Saint Peter
Vicar of Christ,
Shepherd of the whole flock,
Rock on whom the Church is built,
we thank the Prince of Pastors,
who in the ages of Faith,
did bind this country
so sweetly and strongly to thee
and to that holy See of Rome
from which her conversion came.
We praise and bless our Lord
for those steadfast Confessors
who laid down their lives for thy honour and prerogative
in the hour when schism and heresy broke upon the land.
We desire to revive the zeal,
the devotion and the love of ancient days.
We consecrate our country,
as far as in us lies,
fervently and lovingly to thee.
We offer thee our homage.
We renew our loyalty to the Pontiff, thy successor,
who now fills the Apostolic See.
Do thou confirm and strengthen,
by thy powerful intercession,
the faith of the Pastors and people who invoke thee,
save us from apostasy,
from disunion, from religious indifference,
and from the losses to which ignorance
and temptation expose our little flock.
O most sincere and most humble penitent,
obtain for us tears of true repentance for our sins,
and a strong personal love
for our Divine Master;
O Key-bearer of the Heavenly Kingdom,
open to us the gate of Heaven,
that we may enter into the joy of the King of Glory.
Remember this realm of England,
which grew in grace and unity
under thy blessed apostolic influence
for nigh a thousand years.
Pray to Jesus that all may see the
and be Drought back to thy Fold,
which is the One Fold of Christ.
V. Thou art Peter.
R. And upon this rock I will build My Church.
Let us pray.
Raise us up, we beseech Thee, O Lord,
by the apostolic might of Thy blessed Apostle, Peter;
that the weaker we are in ourselves,
the more powerful may be the assistance
whereby we are strengthened through his intercession;
that thus, ever fortified by the protection of Thine
we may never yield to sin
nor be overwhelmed by adversity.
Through Christ our Lord.
More Saint Prayers
Showing 1 - 134 of 134
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You my prayers, works, joys and sufferings, all that this day may bring, be they good or bad: for the love of God, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for all the sins committed against the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Priest shares Living Rosary on Mardi Gras to bring people back to God
- Who do YOU answer to? Californians prepare safe houses for illegal ...
- Here are the answers to the Ash Wednesday quiz. How did you do?
- Oarfish strandings in Philippines could mean massive quake coming HD ...
- St. Hilary, Pope: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 HD Video
- advent prayers
- St Joseph
- ten commandments
- Pope Francis
- saint agnes
- St Anthony
- 10 commandments
- mary magdalene
- Patron saints
- st bernadette
- pope francis
- St. John
- holy spirit
- morning prayer
- Saint Elizabeth
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- Pope Francis makes history by celebrating Christ alongside an Anglican Bishop HD
- St. Dominic Savio HD
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear of assassination HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.