Prayer of Reparation of Saint Theresa
I salute Thee, O Blessed Eyes, all bathed in tears, which Thou didst shed for our salvation.
I salute Thee, O Blessed Ears, assailed by blasphemies, insult, and cruel mockeries.
I salute Thee, O Blessed Mouth, filled with graces and tenderness for poor sinners, but embittered with vinegar and gall by the monstrous ingratitude of that people whom Thou didst choose from among all nations.
In reparation for all these ignominies, I offer Thee all the homage which is given Thee in that holy place where Thou art please to be honored with a special worship, uniting myself therewith.
At the sight of Thy Most Holy Face, dear Jesus, so disfigured by bruises, I cry out with St.Augustine: "Lord Jesus, impress upon my heart Thy sacred wounds, that I may read therein at once Thy sorrow and Thy love; Thy sorrow, in order to suffer every affliction for Thee."
O Sorrowful Jesus, when casting ourselves before Thy Adorable Face to ask thee for the graces of which we have need, we ask Thee above all to order the interior features of our souls that we may never refuse Thee and all that Thou, Thyself, desirest of us through Thy holy commandments.
Praise be to Thee, O Jesus Christ, for the most Sacred Grief of Thy adorable Face. By this Sacred Grief and by Thy most Sacred Passion pardon all the sins I have committed against Thee, in thought, word, and deed, and all negligence in Thy service, and all sensuality for which I have been to blame whether asleep or awake.
Grant that I may be able to recall with devotion Thy most pitiful pains suffered in Thy Sacred Face. Grant me the grace to mortify my body, and so to offer a pledge of my gratitude to Thee, Who livest and reignest forever and ever.
More Saint Prayers
Showing 1 - 134 of 134
A Guide for Confession
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Eternal rest, grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen. continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- 'Acid is now a fashionable weapon of choice' - Britain averages one ...
- Report claims extreme weather on DECLINE - but is someone lying?
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 HD Video
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt with powerful message HD Video
- It feels great to win! Here's the list of things President Trump has ...
- St. Catherine of Siena: Saint of the Day for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Daily Readings for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 1st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 30th, 2017 HD
- Day 9 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 8 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.