Come, Thou Redeemer of the Earth (by Saint Ambrose of Milan)
and manifest Thy virgin birth:
let every age adoring fall;
such birth befits the God of all.
Begotten of no human will,
but of the Spirit, Thou art still
the Word of God in flesh arrayed,
the promised fruit to man displayed.
The virgin womb that burden gained
with virgin honor all unstained;
the banners there of virtue glow;
God in his temple dwells below.
Forth from his chamber goeth He,
that royal home of purity,
a giant in twofold substance one,
rejoicing now his course to run.
From God the Father He proceeds,
to God the Father back He speeds;
His course he runs to death and hell,
returning on God's throne to dwell.
O equal to Thy Father, Thou!
Gird on thy fleshly mantle now;
the weakness of our mortal state
with deathless might invigorate.
Thy cradle here shall glitter bright,
and darkness breathe a newer light,
where endless faith shall shine serene,
and twilight never intervene.
All laud to God the Father be,
all praise, eternal Son, to Thee;
all glory, as is ever meet,
to God the Holy Paraclete.
More Saint Prayers
Showing 1 - 134 of 134
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Father of us all, This meal is a sign of Your love for us: Bless us and bless our food, And help us to give you glory each day Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen! continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- King Richard III's detailed personal prayer book, 'Book of Hours.' is ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 02, 2017
- Bl. Charles the Good: Saint of the Day for Thursday, March 02, 2017
- Mardi Gras' History in New Orleans HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Thursday after Ash Wednesday - Day 2
- 'Living Lent': Ash Wednesday - Day 1
- Ash Wednesday HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 2nd, 2017 HD
- Living Lent HD
- An Ancient Lent Challenge: How to take Lent to the next level HD
- Mardi Gras' History in New Orleans HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.