A Christmas Time Prayer for Country Living
on a winter's night I look up through the clear air at the stars,
I can be very close to You
and to Your native Bethlehem.
It was at night that You first came to this earth.
It was under the same stars that now gleam in this night sky
that Mary first held You in her arms.
It was by the faint light of these stars
still shining tonight that the shepherds found their way to the stable,
and discovered You,
as the angels had said they would,
lying in a manger.
it is especially at Christmas time
that I see and understand how close You are
to those who live on the land.
We have so many reminders of You!
The stars and moon at night and the sun by day,
the same stars under which You were born;
the same moon that shone that night on Bethlehem;
the same sun that brightened Your first days on earth.
The stable, and the farm animals
that shared their quarters and their warmth with You, their creator.
The sheep and the shepherds that came to adore You,
rough men, but good, truthful, honest, and sincere.
O Jesus, Son of the everlasting God,
You are so wonderfully made one of us at Christmas time!
You are our God,
but You are our Brother, too.
You are our King,
but You come as a helpless little baby,
longing for our love.
Help us today and always to see You
in all those with whom we come in contact.
Let us never forget Your own instruction,
that whatever we do for the least of those around us,
we do for You.
Help us always to serve You in the generous,
selfless spirit of this season,
and we shall then be real Christians,
more and more like You, other Christs.
More Christmas Prayers
Showing 1 - 22 of 22
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Come, Holy Spirit, fill my heart with Your holy gifts. Let my weakness be penetrated with Your strength this very day that I may fulfill all the duties of my state conscientiously, that I may do what is right and just. Let my charity be such as to offend no one, and hurt no one's feelings; so ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, March 25, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 26
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 27
- St. Dismas: Saint of the Day for Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Saturday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 25
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Cause of cancer detected from unexpected and unpreventable element HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.