Prayer During the Sacrament of Confession
You may either:
- Kneel before the screen, or
- Sit so you can talk face to face to the priest.
You begin by saying these words (or similar ones.)
"I confess to Almighty God and to you, Father, that I have sinned. My last confession was ______________ weeks (months, years) ago."
You say one of the following:
"Since then, I do not recall committing any mortal sins."
"Since then, I have committed mortal sins. They are..." (mention the sins, how many times they were committed and related circumstances.)
"My venial sins are..." (mention the sins and the number of times.)
"I do not recall having committed any venial sins"
"For these and all the sins that I have committed during my life, I am deeply sorry." Then listen to the words of the priest. When invited to do so, make an Act Of Contrition.
("O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended You. I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of Heaven and the pains of hell. But most of all because they offend You, my God, Who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Your grace to sin no more and to avoid the near occasions of sin. Amen.")
- Listen to the priest's words of forgiveness (absolution), and
- Make the Sign of the Cross with the priest.
If the priest says, "Give thanks to the Lord for He is good,"
"For His mercy endures forever."
Then you leave the confessional box (reconciliation room) and you say the penance that the priest gave you.
More Confession Prayers
Showing 1 - 10 of 10
Mysteries of the Rosary
Browser Prayers by Section
Prayer of the Day
How to pray the Rosary
El Rosario Santo
Sign of the Cross
The Way - The First Christians
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Stations of the Cross
Virtual Prayer Candles
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 30th, 2017 HD Video
- Mafia responds to Pope Francis' suggestion they be excommunicated HD ...
- Could man who destroyed Ten Commandments monument be possessed?
- ISIS sex slave forced to EAT her COOKED one-year-old BABY
- Waymo announces self driving trucks, industry close to shifting
- Daily Readings for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- St. Peter: Saint of the Day for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 29th, 2017 HD
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the Philippines HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD