Eugene II An archpriest at the time of his election to the throne of St. Peter in 824, Eugene dutifully informed the King of the Franks that he had been elected and that he, as pope, acknowledged the king's sovereignty. King Lothair came to Rome that year and passed a constitution that allowed lay people again to participate in the election of the pope. A synod two years later approved the law. Eugene refused to yield to Louis I's iconoclasm and commended the missionary work of St. Ansgan in Denmark. Eugene died in 827.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Saints Joachim (sometimes spelled "Joaquin," pronounced "wal-keem") and Anne, are the parents of the Virgin Mary. There are no mentions of them in the Bible or Gospels, what we know comes from ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
The remarkable woman who would be known as Mother Theresa began life named Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu. Born on August 26, 1910 in Skopje, she was the youngest child born to Nikola and Drane Bojaxhiu, Receiving her First Communion at the age of five, she was confirmed in ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
An archbishop and scholar, Ado was born in Sens and educated at the Benedictine abbey of Ferrieres. Abbot Lupus Servatus, an outstanding humanist of the time, trained Ado, and was impressed with the obvious holiness of the young man. A noble by birth, Ado renounced his ... continue reading
By Marshall Connolly (CALIFORNIA NETWORK)
Tomorrow, July 26, is one year after the brutal murder of Fr. Jacques Hamel by ISIS-affiliated terrorists in France. The bishops of France are remembering him today. Reflecting on his passing, millions are asking, is he a saint? LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) -- ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD Video
- One year later, is Fr. Jacques Hamel a saint?
- Sts. Joachim and Anne: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- Do you have what it takes to become a Catholic celebrity?
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- Chinese government says it will keep a firm grip on Catholic Church
- Pope Francis is set for something big, but what is it? HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 HD
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat of ISIS HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD