Bl. Martyrs of Nowogrodek
The Blessed Martyrs of Nowogródek, also known as the Eleven Nuns of Nowogródek or Sister Stella and Companions were a group of Roman Catholic nuns from the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth killed by the Gestapo in August 1943 in present-day Belarus.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska of the Blessed Sacrament was born as Helena Kowalska, in Glogowiec, Leczyca County, north-west of Lódz in Poland on August 25, 1905. She was the third of 10 children to a poor and religious family. Faustina first felt a calling to the ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Bruno was born in Cologne of the prominent Hartenfaust family. He studied at the Cathedral school at Rheims, and on his return to Cologne about 1055, was ordained and became a Canon at St. Cunibert's. He returned to Rheims in 1056 as professor of theology, became head ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Joseph Cafasso: Saint of the Day for Friday, June 23, 2017
- Daily Readings for Friday, June 23, 2017
- North Korea's secret strategy revealed HD Video
- When it comes to healthcare reform, listen to our bishops!
- A Serial Killer's Last Words: The hidden motive behind Ted Bundy's ...
- On the Path to Sainthood: The remarkable story of a young women and ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 23rd, 2017 HD
- What if an asteroid strikes near you? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 HD
- Killer supervolcano under Yellowstone stirs as 500 earthquakes hit park HD