St. Anthony the Great of Thebes
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
St. Anthony is called the Patriarch of Monks. He was born at Aama, village south of Memphis, near Thebes. His parents were rich Christians. Shortly after inheriting his parents' fortune, he sold all his vast fortune and gave the proceeds to the poor, sent his sister to a nunnery and retired to an old ruin of a tomb. He ate only every three or four days and spent his time at manual labor and prayer.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Bernadette was born in Lourdes, France on January 7, 1844. Her parents were very poor and she was the first of nine children. She was baptized at St. Pierre's, the local parish church, on January 9. As a toddler, Bernadette contracted cholera and suffered extreme ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Everything we know about the husband of Mary and the foster father of Jesus comes from Scripture and that has seemed too little for those who made up legends about him. We know he was a carpenter, a working man, for the skeptical Nazarenes ask about Jesus, "Is this ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
by Catholic Online
- Archbishop reveals a surprise about Medjugorje HD Video
- In Barcelona, a church responded to a terrorist attack by opening its ...
- St. Philip Benizi: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- Archbishop reveals a surprise about Medjugorje
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- As terrorists attacked, one church opened its doors. Here's what ...
- New research shows global warming is not your fault. Here's why
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD