St. Polycarp of Alexandria
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Martyr of Egypt. He was put to death at Alexandria, Egypt, during the persecutions under Emperor Diocletian. Polycarp was cruelly tortured and then beheaded.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Nothing certain is known of her, but according to her untrustworthy legend, she was the daughter of a pagan priest at Antioch in Pisidia. Also known as Marina, she was converted to Christianity, ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
An elder Mexican man makes his way to Mass in the early morning twilight of December 9, 1531. He is a peasant, a simple farmer and laborer, and he has no education. Born under Aztec rule, he is a convert to Catholicism, and each step he takes this morning is a step ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
"I was born in the way of truth: though my childhood was unaware of the greatness of the benefit, I knew it when trial came." Ephrem (or Eprhaim) the Syrian left us hundreds of hymns and poems on the faith that inflamed and inspired the whole Church, but few facts ... continue reading
Christians who breathed a sigh of relief when Constantine proclaimed Christianity the state religion, believing this would end the bloodshed and martyrdom. But it was all too short a time until they were facing persecution once more -- from others who claimed to be ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 21, 2017
- Cardinal Muller reports Pope Emeritus Benedict is 'disappointed' at ...
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD Video
- St. Lawrence of Brindisi: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 21, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD Video
- Did the Church just marry three women to the same spouse in Detroit ...
- Family receives shocking MIRACLE after 9-month-pregnant woman is shot ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 21st, 2017 HD
- Why is Facebook censoring Catholic content? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 20th, 2017 HD
- The one nasty reason you can't take your kids to the park anymore HD