Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Virgin. Placidia lived in Verona and was renowned for her sanctity and her vow of perpetual virginity. She should not be confused with the contemporary Placidia, the daughter of Roman Emperor Valentinian III.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Catherine of Siena was born during the outbreak of the plague in Siena, Italy on March 25, 1347. She was the 25th child born to her mother, although half of her brothers and sisters did not survive childhood. Catherine herself was a twin, but her sister did not ... continue readingMore Female Saints
The "Great Martyr," and the leader of converts in the Roman army. While serving as a tribune in the army of General Galerius, Andrew and his men faced a battle with a Persian host. Calling upon Christ for aid, the Romans were victorious. Andrew and some of his troops ... continue reading
St. Angela Merici was an Italian religious educator and founder of the Ursulines whose deep prayer life and relationship with the Lord bore the fruit of mystical encounters with God. She was born on March 21, 1474 in Desenzano, a small town on the shore of Lake Garda ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
by Catholic Online
- St. Bridget of Sweden: Saint of the Day for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Video captures moment killer quake strikes in Greece
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat ...
- Many Blessings! Family celebrates 100 children
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Vatican says report on abuse in Germany shows progress in fight ...
- Daily Readings for Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD