St. Philip of Zell
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Benedictine hermit and founder. An Anglo Saxon, he undertook a pilgrimage and then became a hermit in the area around Worms. Meeting King Pepin the Short of the Franks, he became a friend and advisor to the monarch. He also attracted various followers and founded the monastery of Zell, so named because it had its start with his single "cell," or room.
Saint Feast Days by Month
William of Vercelli, Saint 1085-1142. founder, born in Vercelli Italy he was brought up as an orphan became a hermit on Monte Vergine, Italy after a pilgrimage to Compostella and attracted so many ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Veronica is known as the woman who offered a cloth to Jesus so He could wipe His face on the way to His crucifixion. The cloth is believed to exist today in the Vatican and is considered one of the most treasured relics of the Church. Saint Veronica is not ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
As a young lay woman in Coesfeld, Germany, Anne Catherine Emmerick, employed as a seamstress, daily attended Mass, visited the Blessed Sacrament, and in the late evening spent hour upon hour praying on her knees. Around midnight, she would leave her home to make the ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Monday, June 26, 2017
- Catholic hero gifted most prestigous award after saving woman's life ...
- St. Anthelm: Saint of the Day for Monday, June 26, 2017
- Is the 'Gaucho Priest' the Devil's worst nightmare?
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Slovakia Catholics gift Iceland with a beautiful new church
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD