St. Paul Loc
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Vietnamese martyr. Paul was from An Hon, Vietnam. He converted to the Catholic faith and was later ordained a priest. Soon after his ordination he was seized and beheaded in Saigon . He was canonized in 1988 by Pope John Paul II.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Saint Brigid was born Brigit, and shares a name with a Celtic goddess from whom many legends and folk customs are associated. There is much debate over her birthparents, but it is widely believed her mother was Brocca, a Christian baptized by Saint Patrick, and her ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Claretian archbishop and founder. Anthony was born in Salient in Catalonia, Spain, in 1807, the son of a weaver. He took up weaving but then studied for the priesthood, desiring to be a Jesuit. Ill health prevented his entering the Order, and he served as a secular ... continue reading
Saint Anthony was born Fernando Martins in Lisbon, Portugal. He was born into a wealthy family and by the age of fifteen asked to be sent to the Abbey of Santa Cruz in Coimbra, the then capital of Portugal. During his time in the Abbey, he learned theology and ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
by Catholic Online
- Mafia responds to Pope Francis' suggestion they be excommunicated HD ...
- Could man who destroyed Ten Commandments monument be possessed?
- ISIS sex slave forced to EAT her COOKED one-year-old BABY
- Waymo announces self driving trucks, industry close to shifting
- Daily Readings for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- St. Peter: Saint of the Day for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 30th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 29th, 2017 HD
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the Philippines HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD