Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Priest martyr. He reportedly destroyed an altar of the pagan god Bacchus at Amphipolis, Macedonia. He was set on fire and exposed to wild beasts as a result but miraculously escaped both attempts at murdering him. He was beheaded at Constantinople, modern Istanbul.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Caesare de Rossi was born at Brandisi, kingdom of Naples, on July 22nd. He was educated by the conventual Franciscans there and by his uncle at St. Mark's in Venice. When sixteen, he joined the ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Angela Merici was an Italian religious educator and founder of the Ursulines whose deep prayer life and relationship with the Lord bore the fruit of mystical encounters with God. She was born on March 21, 1474 in Desenzano, a small town on the shore of Lake Garda ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Bishop of Ruspe, Tunisia, and a friend of St. Augustine. Born Fabius Claudius Gordianus Fulgentius of Carthage, he was a Roman of senatorial rank. His mother, widowed, opposed Fulgentius' religious career, but he became a monk. He became abbot with Felix but had to ... continue reading
Fulton John Sheen (born Peter John Sheen, May 8, 1895 - December 9, 1979) was an American archbishop of the Roman Catholic Church known for his preaching and especially his work on television and radio. His cause for canonization for sainthood was officially opened in ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- St. Lawrence of Brindisi: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 21, 2017
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat ...
- Abortion, lies, and corruption. How we are being betrayed by those we ...
- Vatican says report on abuse in Germany shows progress in fight ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 21, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Many Blessings! Family celebrates 100 children
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD