Bl. Michael Diaz
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
A martyr of Japan. He was a Spanish merchant on board the Japanese ship carrying Blessed Joachim Firayama. Michael and others were arrested by Protestant Europeans who turned them over to the Japanese authorities. Everyone on the ship was martyred at Nagasaki. Michael, who had been beheaded, was beatified in 1867.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Abigail, more commonly known as St. Gobnait or Deborah, was a medieval Irish saint born around the 6th century in County Clare, Ireland. According to tradition, Abigail's family was always feuding. This caused her to run away from home to settle on Inis Oirr in ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Fulton John Sheen (born Peter John Sheen, May 8, 1895 - December 9, 1979) was an American archbishop of the Roman Catholic Church known for his preaching and especially his work on television and radio. His cause for canonization for sainthood was officially opened in ... continue reading
St. Genevieve was a fair and courageous peasant girl who was born around 422 in Nanterre, France, to a man named Severus and a woman named Gerontia. When Genevieve was only seven-years-old, St. Germanus, Bishop of Auxerre visited Nanterre on his way to Britain. While ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
by Catholic Online
- North Korea moves warplanes to intercept American bombers
- Humanitarian crisis worsens in Puerto Rico HD Video
- Pope Francis speaks about 'Love of Neighbor'
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Sts. Cosmas & Damian: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Prayers for Puerto Rico - Residents without food, water or ...
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD