First bishop of Chalons-surMaine, also called Menge and Meinge. He founded the see after working as a missionary in the district.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Saint Brigid was born Brigit, and shares a name with a Celtic goddess from whom many legends and folk customs are associated. There is much debate over her birthparents, but it is widely believed her mother was Brocca, a Christian baptized by Saint Patrick, and her ... continue readingMore Female Saints
St. Benedict is believed to have been born around 480, as the son to a Roman noble of Norcia and the twin to his sister, Scholastica. In the fifth century, the young Benedict was sent to Rome to finish his education with a nurse/housekeeper. The subject that ... continue reading
There is a saint called Benedict the Black or Benedict the Moor. He was born a slave near Messina, Italy. He was freed by his master and became a solitary, eventually settling with other hermits at Montepellegrino. He was made superior of the community, but when he was ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- Oh no! Is El Nino coming back to California?
- St. James the Greater: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- Scientists discover elusive 'Angel Particles' are real
- Will We Use Our Ears To Hear?
- Pope Francis is set for something big, but what is it? HD Video
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat of ISIS HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD