Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Bishop of Viviers, France, from 519. He is best remembered for sending representatives to the council of Orleans in 549.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Servite cardinal and preacher. Born in Florence, Italy, to a noble family, he was educated in Paris and Padua where he earned a doctorate in medicine and philosophy. He practiced medicine for some ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Lucy's history has been lost and all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life during the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the whole Church ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Feastday: September 20 The evangelization of Korea began during the 17th century through a group of lay persons. A strong vital Christian community flourished there under lay leadership until missionaries arrived from the Paris Foreign Mission Society. During ... continue reading
The "Great Martyr," and the leader of converts in the Roman army. While serving as a tribune in the army of General Galerius, Andrew and his men faced a battle with a Persian host. Calling upon Christ for aid, the Romans were victorious. Andrew and some of his troops ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- In Barcelona, a church responded to a terrorist attack by opening its ...
- As terrorists attacked, one church opened its doors. Here's what ...
- Forget Winter, Recession is Coming
- Priest admits to being former member of KKK, and speaks out about his ...
- St. Bartholomew: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Archbishop reveals a surprise about Medjugorje HD Video
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD