Virgin and supporter of St. John Chrysostom, also called Niceras. A native of Nicomedia, she left her family to go to Constantinople where she devoted herself to the care of the poor. She took care of John Chrysostom when he was ill and shared in his exile from the imperial capital.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Innocent was born at Albano, Italy. He became Pope, succeeding Pope St. Anastasius I, on December 22, 401. During Innocent's pontificate, he emphasized papal supremacy, commending the bishops of ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Barbara, also known as the Great Martyr Barbara, was an early Christian Greek martyr born mid-third century in Heliopolis, Phoenicia. Barbara was the daughter to a rich pagan named Dioscorus. After the death of Barbara's mother, Dioscorus dedicated his life to ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Pope Saint Gregory I, also known as the Great, was the Pope of the Catholic Church between 590 and 604 AD. Gregory was born around 540 in Rome. The exact date of his birth is unknown. Although the Western Roman Empire had collapsed long before his birth, many ancient ... continue reading
By Marshall Connolly (CALIFORNIA NETWORK)
Tomorrow, July 26, is one year after the brutal murder of Fr. Jacques Hamel by ISIS-affiliated terrorists in France. The bishops of France are remembering him today. Reflecting on his passing, millions are asking, is he a saint? LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) -- ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- What happens when Catholics miss the point of their faith?
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 1st, 2017 HD Video
- St. Innocent I: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Why can't Republicans repeal Obamacare? HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Science confirms what Biblical scholars already know - the conquest ...
- Why can't Republicans repeal Obamacare? Maverick senators, for one
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 31st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 30th, 2017 HD
- What can you expect when you die? Science provides an answer HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 29th, 2017 HD