St. Mark & Marcellian
Roman martyrs, twin brothers and deacons. From a distinguished family, they lived in Rome with their wives and children. Arrested, the brothers refused to sacrifice to the Roman gods and were arrested. They converted their guards and escaped but were soon recaptured. Both died in Rome. Their basilica in the catacombs of St. Balbina was discovered in 1902. Their cult was confined to local calendars in 1969.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Saints Joachim (sometimes spelled "Joaquin," pronounced "wal-keem") and Anne, are the parents of the Virgin Mary. There are no mentions of them in the Bible or Gospels, what we know comes from ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Sts. Perpetua and Felicity were Christian martyrs who lived during the early persecution of the Church in Africa by the Emperor Severus. With details concerning the lives of many early martyrs unclear and often based on legend, we are fortunate to have the actual ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Isidore was born at Madrid, Spain, in the latter half of the 12th century. For the greater part of his life he was employed as a laborer on a farm outside the city. Many marvelous happenings accompanied his lifelong work in the fields and continued long after his ... continue reading
By Marshall Connolly (CALIFORNIA NETWORK)
Tomorrow, July 26, is one year after the brutal murder of Fr. Jacques Hamel by ISIS-affiliated terrorists in France. The bishops of France are remembering him today. Reflecting on his passing, millions are asking, is he a saint? LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) -- ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD Video
- Do you have what it takes to become a Catholic celebrity?
- Chinese government says it will keep a firm grip on Catholic Church
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD Video
- One year later, is Fr. Jacques Hamel a saint?
- Sts. Joachim and Anne: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- Pope Francis is set for something big, but what is it? HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 HD
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat of ISIS HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD