Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Bishop of Angers, France, sometimes listed as Mainboeuf or Maimbod. A noble Frank, he was appointed bishop because of popular acclaim.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Saint Brigid was born Brigit, and shares a name with a Celtic goddess from whom many legends and folk customs are associated. There is much debate over her birthparents, but it is widely believed her mother was Brocca, a Christian baptized by Saint Patrick, and her ... continue readingMore Female Saints
David, the youngest son of Scotland's virtuous queen, (Saint) Margaret, succeeded his brother to the Scottish throne in 1124. David's friend, (Saint) Aelred, abbot of the English monastery of Rievaulx, was later to recount David's religious devotion and his generosity ... continue reading
Benedictine abbot and defender of the faith. Born in Canas, Navarre, Spain, circa 1000, he entered the Benedictines at San Millan de Ia Cogolla. King Garcia III of Navarre challenged him when he became abbot of the monastery, and Dominic refused to surrender part of ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
by Catholic Online
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD Video
- Corrupt media censoring news of lawsuit against Democratic National ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Stephen the Great: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- There is a secret plan for America, and what we're seeing is just the ...
- People in Yemen are dying of a foul and dreaded disease as civil war ...
- Catholic Online YouTube HD
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 17th, 2017 HD