A Welsh or Cornish widow. No details of her life are extant, but some Welsh churches bear her name.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Sts. Cosmas and Damian were brothers, born in Arabia, who had become eminent for their skill in the science of medicine. Being Christians, they were filled with the spirit of charity and never took ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Sts. Perpetua and Felicity were Christian martyrs who lived during the early persecution of the Church in Africa by the Emperor Severus. With details concerning the lives of many early martyrs unclear and often based on legend, we are fortunate to have the actual ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Two Greek philosophers ventured out into the Egyptian desert to the mountain where Anthony lived. When they got there, Anthony asked them why they had come to talk to such a foolish man? He had reason to say that -- they saw before them a man who wore a skin, who ... continue reading
Claretian archbishop and founder. Anthony was born in Salient in Catalonia, Spain, in 1807, the son of a weaver. He took up weaving but then studied for the priesthood, desiring to be a Jesuit. Ill health prevented his entering the Order, and he served as a secular ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Prayers for Puerto Rico - Residents without food, water or ...
- Intro to Novena to Our Lady of Fatima for Conversion HD Video
- North Korea moves warplanes to intercept American bombers
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- St. Vincent de Paul: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, September 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Pope Francis speaks about 'Love of Neighbor'
- Humanitarian crisis worsens in Puerto Rico HD
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD