Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Benedictine abbot of St. Michael's at Thierache. on the French portion of the Meuse and Waulsort. An Irishman also called Macallan. he made a pilgrimage to the shrine of St. Fursey in Peronne. France. He became a Benedictine at Gorze. and later became an abbot of that monastery.
Saint Feast Days by Month
The writings of St. Irenaeus entitle him to a high place among the fathers of the Church, for they not only laid the foundations of Christian theology but, by exposing and refuting the errors of the ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Veronica is known as the woman who offered a cloth to Jesus so He could wipe His face on the way to His crucifixion. The cloth is believed to exist today in the Vatican and is considered one of the most treasured relics of the Church. Saint Veronica is not ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. James the Less, the author of the first Catholic Epistle, was the son of Alphaeus of Cleophas. His mother Mary was either a sister or a close relative of the Blessed Virgin, and for that reason, according to Jewish custom, he was sometimes called the brother of the ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Kidnapped Philippine priest is seen ALIVE
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the ...
- Gay and Catholic? Man struggles to find answers as a practicing ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- St. Irenaeus: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Even pedophiles get second chances! Mafia responds to Pope Francis' ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD