St. Lupus of Soissons
Bishop of Soissons, France, and a relative of St. Remigius of Reims.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Januarius was born in Italy and was bishop of Benevento during the Emperor Diocletion persecution. Bishop Januarius went to visit two deacons and two laymen in prison. He was then also imprison ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Bernadette was born in Lourdes, France on January 7, 1844. Her parents were very poor and she was the first of nine children. She was baptized at St. Pierre's, the local parish church, on January 9. As a toddler, Bernadette contracted cholera and suffered extreme ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Agatha, also known as Agatha of Sicily, is one of the most highly venerated virgin martyrs of the Catholic Church. It is believed that she was born around 231 in either Catania or Palermo, Sicily to a rich and noble family. From her very early years, the notably ... continue reading
Abbess and model of the conventual life. Agnes was a friend of the poet Venantius Fortunatus, who visited her in the Holy Cross convent in Poitiers, France. Recognized for her holiness and intelligence, she was named abbess of the convent by St. Radegund, a princess ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Another priest rescued from ISIS! Philippine Army rescues 'Fr. Chito' ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 20th, 2017 HD Video
- Planet Niburu: what's going to happen on September 23?
- St. Januarius: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Philippine Army rescues Fr. Chito! Terrorists are surrendering in ...
- Here's how Catholic Online is going to change your life, starting NOW!
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Catholic Online Presents HD
- Terrorist at large! London attack injures 22, more attacks could happen HD
- A special message from Fr. Tom to all who prayed for his release HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 19th, 2017 HD
How to Pray the Rosary
The Rosary is a Scripture-based prayer to help us remember the ... @ $0.99