St. John, Sergius, & Companions
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
A group of monks who resided in the laura, or an eremetical monastery, of St. Sabas, near Jerusalem. They were martyred by a band of Arabs who devastated the community. One of the wounded monks, named Stephen, composed a poem in honor of the martyred and to commemorate the event.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Sts. Perpetua and Felicity were Christian martyrs who lived during the early persecution of the Church in Africa by the Emperor Severus. With details concerning the lives of many early martyrs unclear and often based on legend, we are fortunate to have the actual ... continue readingMore Female Saints
St. Gertrude the Great, or St. Gertrude of Helfta, was born on January 6, 1256 in Germany. She eventually chose to follow the Lord by pursuing a vocation as a Benedictine Nun. Her deep relationship with the Lord in prayer led to her being hailed as a mystic. She was ... continue reading
Pope Saint Gregory I, also known as the Great, was the Pope of the Catholic Church between 590 and 604 AD. Gregory was born around 540 in Rome. The exact date of his birth is unknown. Although the Western Roman Empire had collapsed long before his birth, many ancient ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
by Catholic Online
- North Korea's secret strategy revealed HD Video
- On the Path to Sainthood: The remarkable story of a young women and ...
- St. Joseph Cafasso: Saint of the Day for Friday, June 23, 2017
- Daily Readings for Friday, June 23, 2017
- When it comes to healthcare reform, listen to our bishops!
- A Serial Killer's Last Words: The hidden motive behind Ted Bundy's ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 23rd, 2017 HD
- What if an asteroid strikes near you? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 HD
- Killer supervolcano under Yellowstone stirs as 500 earthquakes hit park HD