Nun and hermitess of Egypt. Revered in her monastery, Isidora moved to a remote hermitage in the desert and remained there until her death following the eremitical custom of that era.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Stephen the Great (977-1038), was the son of the Magyar chieftain Geza, Stephen succeeded him as leader in 997. Already raised a Christian, in 996 he wed the daughter of Duke Henry II of Bavaria ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Born on October 16 1890 in Corinaldo, in the Ancona Province in Italy, her farmworker father moved his family to Ferrier di Conca, near Anzio. When he died of malaria, Maria's mother had to struggle to feed her children. Maria's mother, brothers, and sisters worked in ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Bishop and prophet, called "the Elder" or "the Bald." Also known as Elphege, he was the bishop of Winchester, England. There he ordained St. Dunstan. A holy prophet, Alphege is credited with helping to restore monasticism to England. continue reading
Alvarez was born in either Lisbon, Portugal, or Cordova, Spain. He entered the Dominican convent at Cordova in 1368. He became known for his preaching prowess in Spain and Italy, was confessor and adviser of Queen Catherine, John of Gaunt's daughter, and tutor of King ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Catholic Online YouTube HD Video
- St. Stephen the Great: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- The Vatican has a list of films you should see. Some of these will ...
- People in Yemen are dying of a foul and dreaded disease as civil war ...
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD Video
- Corrupt media censoring news of lawsuit against Democratic National ...
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 17th, 2017 HD
- Warning to California: Volcanoes could erupt, endangering half the state HD
- With eclipse near, Pope Francis warns against astrology and fortune telling HD